Help! Accidentally deleted vital system files!

adambyte

Registered
Alright... I did about one of the dumbest things you can do... go around the Library folder as root. Anyway, I accidentally removed a vital piece of the system software, and now none of my Carbon apps will launch... Cocoa ones work, and even classic apps work, but my Carbon ones won't run... so if someone (running 10.1.4) would be kind enough to do a file transfer with me, and send me this folder and it's contents, I would be eternally grateful...

/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A

Yes, so if someone could send that "A" folder to my AIM screen-name (AdamByte), that would be nice. Thank you for your support.

(Why am I asking this, you may wonder? Well, because I've already hacked my system with a Greek language patch, Mac OS X 10.1 refuses to reinstall over a "different language")

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Do you realize that it's 82 megs to mail...

I'm on a VERY slow modem so I will NOT it. Sorry

/Björn

I would do it but I just reinstalled my system and I'm now waiting since 8 hours for apple to get their Update Server up and running. So scream with me:

APPLE! GET YOUR %$"%$§ UPDATE SERVERS UP!!! :eek:

Well, I ended up getting this fixed. Thanks for helping (if you did) :) ... and let this be a lesson to all of you

DON'T FIDGET WITH YOUR "SYSTEM" FOLDER!

Originally posted by adambyte

/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A

I'd like to help you... but,
1) AIM keeps locking up on me when I login,
and
2) I can't seem to find a Frameworks sub folder in /Library

I was going to upload the A folder to my ftp site so you can get it... but like I said I can't find it... I'll keep looking - and if you find it elsewhere let me know so I can find it and get it to you.

Originally posted by adambyte
Well, I ended up getting this fixed. Thanks for helping (if you did) :) ... and let this be a lesson to all of you

DON'T FIDGET WITH YOUR "SYSTEM" FOLDER!

Oops... too late! heh oh well :)

I can't seem to find a Frameworks sub folder in /Library

There is none in /Library, but there is one in Home/Library, but there is nothing in mine (is that normal?) The one he's looking for is System/Library/...

In A there are 3 folders (Frameworks, Resources, and Support) and one file (Carbon)

Are any of these in there, if you had some it would be much easier to send you the specific part rather than the whole 25 Mb folder

Sorry, I seem to have caused confusion with my stupid typing too... the real path name I was referring to was...

SYSTEM/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A

Sorry. :D

Here's one of the files, the whole folder is 25 Mb (36 compressed??), but this might fix it

The file is called Carbon and goes in the A folder.

Hope this helps:)

Attachments

• carbon.sit.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 2
Back