Help - my user account settings do not save!

loekjehe

Registered
I have the following problem. I am on 10.3.2. I made for myself an ordinary user account to work in (called "loek"), so that I don't need to work all the time with admin privs.
Under 10.2 I could just change all account settings (having been prompted for my admin password) but under Panther these settings does not stick.
I also tried logging in as admin user, with enabling the root account in NetInfo, yet every time I leave System Prefs and get back in, the old user settings are back again! I don't know what to do. I find this a serious bug. I cannot change any user settings anymore! They do not stick. :(
It feels like a cache problem but deleting caches doesn't change anything in this case. I guess there must be something wrong with NetInfo. Any advice on this is welcome!

Have you tried creating ANOTHER regular user account and seeing if account setting changes work under that new account by the method you described? If it does, then that points to something being wrong with the "loek" account and more troubleshooting would be needed.

Thank you for your reply! It helped. I made a new "test" user and since that moment everything functions also for my other users! I now can enable/disable the admin privs also for my ordinary user "loek" etc. I guess that making a new account (and then later deleting it again) did the trick. Have no idea what might have been wrong originally. Anyhow, now I can work further again. Thank you.

Back