Holy cow, they fixed the Finder!

Fahrvergnuugen

I am the law!
I tried out panther, just to see if they fixed the Finder in regard to mapped network drives. You can connect to a network drive and still use the finder while its connecting! They must have made each window spawn a new thread....
even when a drive unexpectedly disconnects, either from a network problem or a server shutdown, the finder doesn't freeze up like it does in 10.2.

Woohooooo!

[check out this earlier thread: http://www.macosx.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=33005 ]

That's a great new addition among other things. I loved the Places idea. This new Finder is THE bomb. I can't believe people didn't know about the Get Info command...:rolleyes:

Also, the FTP function actually works in the Finder finally.

For those looking for a good Finder replacement in the interim, check out Path Finder ... The newest beta has some great new features like a side shelf, a process viewer, and boatloads of customization options (fonts, icon sizes, arrangement options, etc).

s.: what do you mean by 'the finder ftp' works? it works JUST like in jaguar... i.e.: write permissions _still_ don't work, reading did work perfectly in jaguar, too.

Back