How do I fix Shapeshifter?

Curiosity

Registered
Somehow I managed to mess up Shapeshifter's display of the Finder. Now, when I open the Finder window, the colours are the default grey and white instead of my set colours. This happened after I installed the latest version of Quicktime. Is there any way to fix Shapeshifter to make it go back to normal?
Is there any way to revert to the previous version of Quicktime?

ShapeShifter depends on Quicktime so it doesn't surprise me the it got messed up on a QuickTime point update. Also most definitely delete all parts of ShapeShifter when you update to a new OS X from 10.4.x. because it will cause a lot of headaches.

Can't you boot to safe mode, then uninstall shapeshifter??
Or, Login as another user?

Or, transfer the system folder from another mac??

OR! Archive and install :p (My 3 favourite words)
AND! Don't use shapeshifter *stares* :p

Hope this helps,
Charlie

Thanks, people, I had no idea that Shapeshifter relied on Quicktime. I did some searching and found the most recent version of APE (2.5) online. Installing that fixed the problem immediately.

I downloaded an update to Quick Time (as prompted) on Jan 25 and it has caused a big problem. My system now reverts to the desktop every 60 seconds. So if I'm in another application I have to click on the app again. It interrupts all sorts of tasks and is incredibly frustrating. I deleted the new Quick Time download but it didn't help. Can anyone help me sort this out?

Back