How do you do a Clean Install

I've got 2 partitions, so what works for me: copy User, Applications, and Library folders to other partition, (or another drive), then run OSX 10.1 full install, if you have that or a hacked 10.1 update, and choose to erase the partition that you want to have, as part of the reinstall, that's as clean as you can get. Then what I do, is run software updater until there is now more software updates to run, from 10.1, should take about 3 restarts before everything is updated. Then, if you set up your users same as original, you can just copy the User folder intact to your fresh partition, and copy back the apps that are not extra to your Application folder (if you have extras kept there. OH, you'll need to be booted to another partition or disk before OSX will let you move a lot of that stuff. Final note: after all that, and running OSX 10.1.2, I now get the fastest OSX boot from cold, ever, on my iMac 500, with 1GB Ram. The only time I shut my system down, is when I want to. wakeup is only about 5 secs, So when I leave the iMac, I just put 'er to sleep.
Ain't cable modems sweet?

I've got 2 partitions, so what works for me: copy User, Applications, and Library folders to other partition, (or another drive), then run OSX 10.1 full install, if you have that or a hacked 10.1 update, and choose to erase the partition that you want to have, as part of the reinstall, that's as clean as you can get. Then what I do, is run software updater until there is now more software updates to run, from 10.1, should take about 3 restarts before everything is updated. Then, if you set up your users same as original, you can just copy the User folder intact to your fresh partition, and copy back the apps that are not extra to your Application folder (if you have extras kept there. OH, you'll need to be booted to another partition or disk before OSX will let you move a lot of that stuff. Final note: after all that, and running OSX 10.1.2, I now get the fastest OSX boot from cold, ever, on my iMac 500, with 1GB Ram. The only time I shut my system down, is when I want to. wakeup is only about 5 secs, So when I leave the iMac, I just put 'er to sleep.
Ain't cable modems sweet?

Back