How to get my friend onto Apple Music Store?

markpatterson

Registered
Hi, I have a friend who has released a couple of CDs. I have ripped them and put the track into onto CDDB. I would like to introduce her to the Apple Music Store. I couldn't find a link for aspiring musos. Anyone know about this?

=== Mark Patterson

Do you mean getting Apple to sell her tracks? Very unlikely at the moment unfortunately, unless she's on one of the bigger indie labels.

Yeah, to get her to sell from there as well.
A service like the Apple Music Store seems a great way to allow small volume artists to at least be available. The cost of storing on the servers is much less that printing CDs and distributing them, then holding them in shops. This could be a blow against the unfortunate "star" problem that afflicts our culture at present.

The first wave of stories that came out said Jobs was inundated with calls from indie labels. I'm sure the store will get around to it, but it still has a good ways to go before it has enough of the major label bands.
For your friend, rip some CDs of her stuff and send them to labels. If she's not signed, she ain't going to be on the site. Or have her create a website and she can try and market her own music while trying to get signed (this is assuming she can actually sing).

Back