how to remove "Quit" from app's dock-menu

Racer D

what?
I'm having some weird problems with x-chat aqua's quit behaviour. In short, when I right click it's icon in the dock and select quit it does bad things ;) (detaied info)
So, I'd like to know, is there a way I can remove the quit function in the dock for this one app (it's cocoa)? I know you can add/remove it for finder, but houw about the other apps?

It is embedded in the code so unless the developer provided a mechanism for doing that you are out of luck. Even if you were able to hack the cocoa framework to remove Quit from the standard application menu, that would remove Quit from every cocoa application. You have already done about all you can do by reporting the behavior to the Source Forge developer community. If the developers can duplicate the behavior, which is not always easy to do, you should see a fix sooner rather than later.

How about just not clicking the Quit button in the pop-up menu? :D

You may be able to open the package for the program and dig around in the Nib files using Interface Builder. You might be able to find the dock menu and remove the entry... this may cause errors in the program depending on how it's written though.

I've never noticed problems like that with X-Chat.

PS - Your icon is cool... did you create it?

btoth said:
How about just not clicking the Quit button in the pop-up menu? :D

I'm used to quitting it via dock, so I keep forgetting I shouldn't :/

btoth said:
I've never noticed problems like that with X-Chat.

do you connect via bnc?

btoth said:
PS - Your icon is cool... did you create it?

you mean my avatar? yea, my work :)

Back