HOW-TO: View as list for folder/subfolders

MMak

Registered
Is there a way to have one selected folder (including files and subfolders) to be viewed as list? I'd like my personal folder to be "view as list" but leave the Mac OS X system folders to be "view as icons".

I'm currently running Mac OS 10.2.6. Thanks in advance!

This is your Home folder. Go to the Go menu, choose Home, now change the layout to what you like, including the size of the window. Now close the window (don't do anyting else, just close the window) Now when you go to Home, the Window will be the layout as you left it, until you Change it. I've had the same layout on my Home folder for about 2 years, and it does not change.
hint: always return to Home the same way, Like choose Home under the Go menu. It will also generally be the same layout, no matter how you return to it. The first step is always the same, Change layout, then close the window as the next step, that will freeze that window layout (or should) You can use this same tip on ANY window.

I've been doing what you've suggested all along. To go into a folder just one way. The "View as List" setting doesn't change once I've told it to view as a list, but how to I make all the subfolders and sub-subfolders to be all "View as List"?

I have hundreds or maybe thousands of subfolders from my digital photo archives. It'll take me forever to go through all the folders/subfolders/sub-subfolders to make that setting.

Thanks in advance.

Back