HP Scanjet software....

OmegaMan

Registered
Alrighty, I dunno if this has been covered before, but I'll ask....

Does anyone know if/when HP will be releasing OS X native software for their Scanjet scanners?

I have the 4400c....and it comes with OS9 software. The website doesn't mention X yet....but I've noticed on their latest scanners (3500 / 3570), the box says 10.2.

Any idea if that software would work for my scanner?

here is my thread asking that same question. in that thread you can find HPs website for exactly this question, but be warned, they have changed the dates on that webpage several times already.

here is the link

Originally posted by lethe
here is my thread asking that same question. in that thread you can find HPs website for exactly this question, but be warned, they have changed the dates on that webpage several times already.

here is the link

Thanks dude. Maybe we should all click "No, this was not helpful"? :D

I believe I've seen that page before, from hp. It's up to like 1 year late now. *l*

Really odd, is that the newer scanners (3500/3570) say 10.2 on their box....so I'm gonna try to grab their cd, and see if it works.

i just looked at the link, and it seems they are now claiming OSX support for three of the six listed models. that s new. the other three have been changed (this is the third time they ve changed the page) to late fall. they all six read summer about a week ago.

sorry you have a 4400 series. let us know if you get something.

Originally posted by lethe
i just looked at the link, and it seems they are now claiming OSX support for three of the six listed models. that s new. the other three have been changed (this is the third time they ve changed the page) to late fall. they all six read summer about a week ago.

sorry you have a 4400 series. let us know if you get something.

Just an update on my HP Scanning software attempts...

After talking with HP technical support directly this morning, with a couple of holds in between, the techs don't know when the software is being released, and said that they didn't think the software would work (they weren't too sure on that).

Not content on blindly accepting their word, I have the software cd from a scanjet 3500c with me here. And after installing it, the result is that it will not see the scanner at all. In fact, when I tried to use the iris whatever software, it said that it could not detect a twain driver. Then OS X crashed (unix reared it's ugly head, and said some gobbly-gook, in b&w text, on the aqua screen, with the options restart or shutdown (which didn't work).

First time I had to use my reset button on my g4, since I got it. *l*

Guess we'll have to wait for the cocoa drivers from them, or live with scanning in classic mode. Ugh! :(

Originally posted by OmegaMan

Then OS X crashed (unix reared it's ugly head, and said some gobbly-gook, in b&w text, on the aqua screen, with the options restart or shutdown (which didn't work).

First time I had to use my reset button on my g4, since I got it. *l*

sounds like a kernel panic. yeah, thats how OSX will do its UNIX crash. it feels somehow more frustrating and more serious-looking than an old fashioned OS9 crash.

well i guess we will just have to wait. you might give VueScan a try. you can find it on versiontracker. i ve also heard that Image Capture.app will have some scanner support in jaguar, so we might only have a little longer.

Back