I Dvd 3

sleek

Registered
I made DVD using IDVD 2 and thought it must be OK and trashed imovie project, and dvd was unreadable. i still have MPEG files in idvd project with sound file, I can view clips in quicktime pro 7 with mpeg 2 plug in, but idvd looks for imovie project and does not load. is there any quick way that i can use those files and make dvd instead of converting those files into dv or quicktime formate(i need to add menu in idvd too the way i made it before)
Thanking you
Sorry it has been more then 5 days so i have to ask the same question again and now i have installed ilife 5

Yes this is a nuisance. iDVD likes to stay married to the iMovie file. If using the iMovie-create iDVD seems like a good idea it has its draw backs. Like the one you face now. iDVD actually links to a .mov file in the iMovie project located in a folder called "Shared media" (I think).

In your case, try looking inside the iDVD project with finder (show package contents) and copy the files that represent your movie. Then re-run iDVD and when it cried out that files are missing, point to the files you have copied.

Before you do this make a copy of your iDVD project just in case what I propose does not work.

Back