I want Photoshop to open my images !

stig

Registered
I want Photoshop to open my images but sometimes Preview application opens to show the picture ! Also when i want to edit an image in Indesign (double click+OPTION) then the image opens in Preview. Very annoying !

Is there a way to change this ?

i would say leave the file asssociations with preview, it's useful when you just want to see an image without opening up photoshop all the way. instead, just get in to the habit, like i do, of using the dock as the decision for what program to open an image in.

simply drag the image onto the icon on the dock, and that program will highlight to show it can open this file type, before opening the image. it's usefull because i can look at an image in preview, edit in in photoshop, then animate in flash, test in Quicktime, drop that onto imageready, optimise it as a gif, and then test that on safari and firefox. - i choose the file associations without changing anything.

'I want Photoshop to open my images ... Is there a way to change this ?', yes.

01. Locate and click on any '.pdf' file.
02. Select 'Finder's 'File, Get Info' menu item ('Command I'). A '... Info' window will appear.
03. Locate and click on the 'Open with:' popup menu. [If the disclosure triangle, to the left of 'Open with: is pointing to the right, click on it - and it will then point down, and the popup menu will become visible.]
If the application 'Photoshop' is listed in the popup menu - select it; otherwise, select 'Other...' at the bottom, navigate to and select your application, and then click on the 'Add' button.
04. Click on the 'Open with:'s' 'Change All...' button, and the 'Continue' button of the 'Are you sure ...' window that appears.
05. Close the '... Info' window.

Note: Do not expect such changes to be permanent, MacOS X still being betaware - does not always maintain such setting changes.

of course you have to do these steps on whatever type of image (gif, jpg, etc.) you want photoshop to open.

Back