iBook memory

I just bought an iBook G4 so I'm kind of strapped for cash but it only came with 128MB of RAM. Does anyone have some memory they'd like to sell, and for a good price?

If you're in the US, next time buy from MacMall and get the free RAM from there.
Anyway, you can get 512MB for about $120 from several places new, if that helps.

I have still some 128mb memory here, but I wouldn't suggest you to pick these. Go for 512mb and you will love your iBook. It's really a good investment

MacMall gives "free" RAM but charges 150 $ for installing it, installing being obbligatory.
Crucial.com, or jr.com have good deals for memory. Installing memory will take you less than 5 minutes once you have it.

Even at $30 it's too much. I can install RAM and an airport card in 15 minutes. I bet they can do it in 10. That's $180/hr!

jjh :D

Yeah, but when the RAM is free? I'd say that's about a $100 saving :D. I got 512 MB free with my iBook

Lucky you. I called Macmall when I was purchasing my Powerbook. They offered that "FREE" RAM with obbligatory 150 $ installation. For some reason I ordered the book then from jr.com ;)

By the way - on the link above there is probably still the RAM advertising. I just checked, it seems a good deal, at least the RAM that I would get. Less than the last time I checked it on crucial.

Back