iDVD Conversion

jonparadise

Registered
Hey all,

I've got a Powerbook G4 with Combo Drive, which enables me to makes fantastic Dvd movies and...... not burn them!

Does anyone know of any way to convert the idvd file format into one that can be burned on a Windows XP Machine? Much as I would love to transfer the movies to a Superdrive Mac, I'm afraid I don't know anyone who's got one, never mind let me mass produce them!

Unfortunately, I get this feeling this may be impossible, and I'll be left to watch my creations from my hard-drive. :eek:(

Thanks
Jon

There are patches that enable you to burn iDVD stuff with an external burner - would those do anything in your case? I haven't heard of a tool for convertingthem to XP compatible format. :-/

You mean short of buying DVD Studio Pro?

If you have iLife '04 (and, hence, iDVD 4), you can export your project, burn it on a CD, and burn a DVD from a Superdrive-equipped Mac.

Or, you can invest in a Pioneer AV-105 or 106. (Might be tough to install in a Powerbook, though.)

Or, export as MPEG-2 and make your DVD project on a Windows computer.

Or, take it to a Mac retailer and see if they'll let you use one of their computers to burn.

Or, enjoy your DVD's from the comfort of your own desk.

Back