If you had to get a PC...

If you had to get a Windows PC and use windows, what would you do?

• Dude, I'm getting a Dell!

• Mooo! Go Gateway!

• I'd get a Compaq, they're small right?

• IBM, at least they made chips for Apple

• Sony, they use firewire, don't have floppy drives, aren't beige, and have interesting designs! If yo

• I'd get that e-Machines iMac ripoff

• Well, looks like it's suicide again for me...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Say what you will, those ThinkPad T series are awesome...

The Sony laptops are nice too, but only 512MB of RAM max?! How wimpy...

Laptops I would go with IBM or Toshiba.

Desktops I would go with Dell before, but not anymore... They are such cheap plastic pieces of crap now.

-B

I know that Rhapsody and OPENSTEP run great on my ThinkPad, so I would go with IBM. My only problem is that pretty much every PC today is sold with a Windows license (which would mean me basically paying for something I would never use).

CRAP... I voted for the wrong thing! I would kill myself. Can I please run linux instead of windows?

Can I please run linux instead of windows?

No, the point is to figure out which PC clone company you think is the best or if you're so much of a mac fan that you would never use a pc. A third option ruins the poll

Originally posted by divibisan
A third option ruins the poll

Why? There are other operating systems out there, and it doesn't change the differences between the PC hardware makes. So why Windows only?

Sony because I don't want to help pay for anoying comercials that come on every secound and out of all them Sony uses more advanced technology.

So why Windows only?

Because I said so.

Seriously, it doesn't change the hardware so it doesn't make that much difference, the problem is with the 'I would kill myself' option. It is for people who would never have any windows computer, even if they had no choice. If they liked Linux, they would vote for a computer and for the purposes of the poll it would look like they would take the windows computer, even though they wouldn't.

Racer X, is that the Mac OS running on an IBM thinkpad or is that a good skin like neyo really good one for Windows XP?

Can I run:
AdaOS
Amiga Research OS
Armed Linux
AtheOS
BearOps Linux
BestLinux
BlueCat Linux
BPMK
Brix
Caldera OpenLinux (Note)
Cefarix
Clicker32
Conectiva Linux
Corel Linux
CP/M
Darwin
DCP
Debian GNU/HURD
Debian GNU/Linux
dingOS
eCos
Elfstone Linux
ERIKA
EROS
Fiasco
Flamethrower
FreeBSD
FreeDOS
FreeVMS
GazOS
GeekOS
GEM
Gemini Nucleus
Gentoo Linux
GNU/Lesbian Linux
Hancom Linux
Immunix
JBLinux
JOS
Kaladix Linux
KRUD
L13Plus
LainOS
LibraNet Linux
Lindows
Linux Antarctica
Linux From Scratch
Linux-Mandrake
LinuxOne
Linux-PPC
Linux Router Project
LuteLinux
Lycoris Desktop/LX
MANOS
MenuetOS
Minix
MkLinux
Mobius
ModulOS
Monte Vista Linux
MorphOS
NetBSD
NewOS
Oberon
Odin
OpenBeOS
OpenBSD
OppcOS
PhatLinux
Plan 9
PowerOS
QNX
RDOS
ReactOS
Red Hat Linux
RockLinux
Rome
Samhain Linux
S.Ha.R.K
SkyOS
Slackware Linux
Solaris
Spinix
Stampede Linux
SuSE Linux
TurboLinux
Visual Network OS
VSTa
WinLinux 2001
WinMac
xMach
Yellow Dog Linux
Yggdrasil Linux
Yoctix
ZealOS

with windows ?

i'd have to pick sony in a heartbeat... in the windows world, there would have to be no better computer that i'd pick than a sony (although i'm stuck with this $h!tty @$$ dell)

Originally posted by divibisan
Racer X, is that the Mac OS running on an IBM thinkpad or is that a good skin like neyo really good one for Windows XP?

Isnt he running OPENSTEP?

Rhapsody

(by the way... where can I get this? I have an extra laptop with NO OS loaded onto it (since i just fixed it up) and I'd like to use it.... please help me with this!)

It sure looks like a Mac OS, can it run ordinary Mac programs? When was the last time it was upgraded? Does anyone still support it?

Rhapsody was developed by Apple for x86 machines... and really it was kinda the first version of Mac OS X Server (before it became aquafied)

for other questions, you'll have to ask RacerX

Every day I use OS X at home, then get to go in to work and use WinNT 4.0. So I chose the suicide option...

I'd run a flavor of Unix, but I'd much rather commit hari kari with a wet noodle than use Windows on my home system ever again.

what's that?

I always thought that it was a wasy of ritually committing suicide if you were disonorable in Mideval Japan, but then I found out that was called sepukku.

Yeah -- I learned it as hari kari, even though I know it should be seppuku. So I tend to use hari kari more often. The term, not the act. :D

Back