Illustrator 10.0.1 Update - No Go?

fryke

Staff member
Mod
Several users on versiontracker.com state that the installer quits with either the message 'Default location not found' or installs mentioning a folder 'MacOSClassic'. Strange. Mine doesn't install. Thoughts? I personally think Adobe should test those installers. It's not the first time they have to pull back one. Remember InDesign 1.5.2 installer. Remember Photoshop 6.0.1 installer. *sigh*

The install wouldn't work on my G4/800DP, but worked OK on my PBG4/500.

Adobe really needs to QA their updates a little better. First the InDesign fiasco, now this...

No problems what so ever. Upgrade made it faster but other than that I don't see much difference. What's your partition structure look like? I only have one partition on which os 9 and x are sharing. Must be a problem with that.

Also, if you browse the comments you should find how some people manually moved the installed file somewhere, I can't remember what file or where they put it but if you look there, some people made it work.

"The default location required for this install could not be found. This install will be cancelled."

This is what I get. Duh...

guess you have had to install illustrator in applications on your osx drive. since i haven't done that, it's giving me the same ridiculous message. let's bet (or intelligently guess) on how long it will take them to fix this problem

Martijnvandijk,

I installed Illustrator in Application folder on OSX drive but I can't run updater

Any idea?

sorry guys, me neither. I don't know what's different about my machine than yours but the upgrade was on my desktop, the Illustrator app was in my /Applications folder and I only have one partition.

maybe it has to do with partitions? Anyone get it to work on a computer with more than one partition?

twister

For whatever reason it installed for me. I can tell you it wil be worth your trouble if you can get it to work. It is noticeably faster in X (didn't bother testing in 9). It's funny cuz just last week I got into a heated discussion with a fellow Mac-head graphic artist about how much X's graphics layer is pissing me off with its inefficiency. Sure enough, a week later, Illustrator now runs at a very comfortable, if not glass smooth, speed. Without doing a true comparison I can't say for sure, but it seems to be as good as I remember OS 9 being. I still think it could/should be faster (especially on a DP 1 gig), but it's an improvement and is right on the threshold of decent. There is hope.

Back