Illustrator CS + Suitcase X11 Auto Activation Problem

p13

Registered
When I open an Illustrator document with a font missing and then open Suitcase and activate that font it doesn't show up in Illustrator until I restart it. For example: I open an Illustrator document and it gives me a warning that a certain font is missing. I leave the document open in Illustrator and switch to Suitcase. I then find the font that's missing on my hardrive and drag and drop it into Suitcase. Suitcase activates it temporarily and I switch back to Illustrator. At this point in Illustrator 10 the font would be there but in Illutrator CS nothing happens. I try closing the Illustrator document and re-opening it but that doesn't work. I have to quit Illustrator and restart it before the font appears.

Anybody have any idea why? This is seriously slowing down my work flow.

Any help will be much appreciated.

-P.

If you make sure that you have the latest "Suitcase Auto Activation X"(check extensis website) plugin in your Illustrator plugins folder this should not be a problem and you should not have to restart Illustartor to get your fonts to activate.
If it still doesn't work then I'm not sure what you can do other than try and reinstall Illustartor and Suicase.

Back