Import from Mail.app to Entourage

llyrwy

censored affidavits
Can someone help. I am unable to import my mail messages into Entourage from mail.app

From mail.app I drag my folders onto the desktop. I see my mail folder XXX.mbox on my desktop. Then I open Entourage and select 'import' and 'import from MBOX text file'. But I am unable to select the file XXX.mbox for the import because it is greyed out. Does anybody know why? Isn't the extension MBOX to mean it is already mbox format?

I tried doing the same for Entourage. I dragged an Entourage folder to the desktop and then had no trouble importing it into itself.

Does this mean Entourage only recognises its own kind of MBOX format?

Why doesn't Entourage import from mail.app? It only imports from netscape, claris, eudora etc.

thanks

You need to display the package contents of the .mbox files from Mail.app. Inside there's the 'real' mbox-style file, which you can drag to Entourage (or import).

Could someone explain a little more definitely what I need to do to import my Mail messages into Entourage? I didn't understand the first answer, I'm afraid.

Thanks!

I was able to import in entourage from mail, I did it a while ago, and I am not at my mac, but I believe I just imported from mail in entourage... I think it was file -> import... not quite certain.... if you can't find it I can post more details later... (when I am home)

I think I'm not pointing at the right file. When I get over to Library and Mail I get INBOX and my e-mail address as the only things that are highlighted, and if I choose either of those, nothing happens when I try to import. I'm undoubtedly doing something dumb. . . .

Well, I can't say that this solved every problem in my whole life, but it sure solved this one! Thanks so much!

Back