insane processor usage.

b4tn

Registered
Mozilla is out the door! Why am I having such a hard time finding an internet browser? I have tried them all I think nutscrape, IE, Omni, and Mozilla. I always find myself going back to IE. Mozilla is by far the fastest but..... It hogs CPU time really bad! I had a download going in the background which bogged my computer down using an almost steady 80% of the processor. Ie downloads fine in the background. Granted I was running itunes, and seti at the same time but as soon as the download completed even with the other two running I was smokin again. We need a nice efficient browser really bad.

Mozilla hogs CPU time when the mouse is depressed when it is not the front active app. This causes everything else to go slower if you click and hold the mouse down. If they fixed this one small problem, Mozilla would rock, for me. It certainly is much faster than other browsers in X except for this problem. I have not noted the cpu usage when downloading other files.

Opera runs fast, even on my old G3 iMac

I'm using Omni(the only app actually using the toolbar wisely) for all my needs, except IE-only-sites(gonna stop visiting them)

Back