Inspecting a "Carbon" application

alphap1us

Registered
I am very new to programming and I figured I might learn a lot more about programming if I inspected the contents and code of programs that I think are well designed and functional. To that end I wanted to see how the application Shorten works. For anyone who is not familiar with it, it converts .shn file to .wavs and .aiffs and back. It is a really good and simple program yet old. The problem is I can't show its contents, since it doesn't appear to be an app bundle. Just opening it Xcode yields long pages of nonsense, and i don't mean the nonsense called "code." I mean %$*(*&^%%%{}:" type nonsense. What's the deal? What kind of program is it? It can be found at hornig.net/shorten
Thanks

To inspect the actual source code of the program, contact the developer and request all or part of the source code. ResEdit can't actually decompile a program for you to see how it's put together. In fact, I know of nothing that can; I can't imagine such a tool would be legal for very long, since everyone would be stealing everyone else's code.

Do a Google search for "drive recovery" and you'll come up with a number of companies that can work their magic, recovering your data or even repairing your drive mechanism. (It's too late and I'm too lazy/tired to do it myself... otherwise I probalby would.)

Back