installing 9.2 on a partitioned drive...?

spookyfusion

Registered
howdy all :)
i am running 10.1.4 on a G4 with two 20 GB hard drives. The slave drive has X on it, and the master drive is currently partitioned into a 19.5 GB blank volume called "Nine" and a 500 MB volume called "Swap". As is probably obvious, I did this because running the swapfile on another partition speeds X up so much more! Anyway, now that I have my partitions exactly where I want them, can someone tell me how on earth to get the OS 9 installer to see both partitions on the master drive? Whenever I run the installer, it just wants to reformat the whole hard drive and place itself wherever it pleases. :) Obviously, I would like to install 9 on the 19.5 GB partition "Nine".
Any suggestions would be great!

What filesystem did you use to format "nine"? Os 9 can only be installed on HFS/HFS+ filesystems, not UFS.

Hehe, I just figured that out last night, but thanks! I haven't had any free time in weeks (just enough time to mess something up, but not enough time to fix it), so last night I really messed around with the 9 installer and realized it would let me partition the drive as well. I am now happily running both OS X and 9. I really only use 9 for a couple of things, but I just like having a backup system to boot in, etc. anyway thanks for the reply!

Back