Installing OS 10.3.4, does not recognize disk 2

ms.katmai

Registered
Hi,
There are similiar questions that are related to my question, but not exactly. My G3 iBook, that I just bought has 10.0.3 as well as OS 9. Looking through the posts I did see several questions that I thought would answer my problem - but it isn't quite what I need.
I started to install 10.3.4; I chosed "Archive and Install" and disk 1 went through just fine, when the computer (G3, iBook), prompt me for disk 2, I put the disk in and the computer did not recognize the disk as being disk 2. Then the problems started to happen. I restarted out of 2 options, the other option being "don't install". On restart, I was presented with the screen displaying my name and underneath that 3 options. Restart, Sleep or Quit.
> I have never seen this screen prompt, ever. So, I went to Disk Utility from disk 1, and verified my hard disk. it is OK. I didn't repair, because there was nothing to repair. My question: what shall I do to continue installing the upgrade? On a sticky note that I saw this morning: "to please download Mac OS X combo update 10.0.4", which I did, and burned the combo update on a CD to use on my G3. I haven't done that yet, maybe that is part of the problem.
What shall I do.
> Specs: iBook G3/500, dual bootable, 640 MB of RAM, 10.GB internal
drive, internal CD-RW, internal 56k modem, 12.1 display, OS 9.1 and 10.0.3 installed. Sorry this is so lengthy. My hope is that I will hear from a supertech from this forum very soon. Thank you very much in advance!

Back