iPhoto storage

heather.neal

Registered
Hi,
I have saved my dead laptop's HD as an external which has lots of iPhoto images/videos on it & only connects to an older laptop. I also have another laptop with more iPhoto images/videos... my problem is that I don't have a burner to get the images off these HD's nor do I know how to combine all the images on an external.

Is it possible to (like in iTunes) assign an alternate device for storage of your iPhoto library. I don't see that option in iPhoto.
I only have these two old laptops with OSX (10.3.9) an am running out of disk space and of ideas.

thanks for your help

Hole down the option key while starting iPhoto. You will be prompted to choose a library or create one. If you already have your library on an external, you can choose that one. iPhoto will point to that library until you change it back by doing the same thing again. If you don't already have your library on an external, do it like this: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1229.

To merge your libraries, try something like iPhoto Library Manager. It allows merging without duplicating everything.

Good luck!

Back