chocklehot

Registered
Hey all...
I received my new Ipod a week ago... it is sooooooooo Cool
It Rocks soo much:

But I only got a prob with it :

The ipod didn't want to restart even plugged with firewire :p
cause no more battery:)

But Apple... solved this prob.. I pod will stay Shutted down til u press Menu + Play and after u plug firewire.. and charging again to play 1000 , 2000 , 4000 songs :)

Chock

I got the 20GB iPod... It truly rocks...I put 2000 songs on it. it's about 54% full and these songs are ripped at 192k!

I got a casette adapter for my wife's car and a radio transmitter for my car (no casette). The radio transmitter blew chunks until I realized that my metal cigarette ashtray gives a huge boost to the signal strenght when I lay the SoundFeeder over it. The boost is so huge that you don't even have to turn the volume way up to hear the radio transmmission (this is an FCC requirement). Sometimes I even have to turn the volume down because the SoundFeeder is stronger than the radio signals I sually listen to....

Anyway, I've had it since it came out. I have not listened to radio or to the same song twice since I got it!!!

is it possible to replace the HD with one of a larger size? as far as I know it's just a normal laptop drive... is it not?

perhaps for the electronically inclined it can be done,
but u would void the warranty (for those who care).

how much more do u want than 20?

i kinda feel cool having a 5 (although
i do have iPod envy) ;)

I knew it'd void the warranty but whenI get something I can't help but start hacking into it.

I've never had one apart but I'd imagine the pod would have a small IDE interface cable like a laptop.

The reasoning behind it is upgradability in the future. I would love to be able to take a full install of OS X and a couple troubleshooting utils along with 20 gig of music to do some work on a mac at a friends house. I really do want an ipod but can't afford the 20 gig model. I'm wanting the 5 gig for now (which serves my purpose well) but I'm sure I'll want more in the future.

Back