Is my mouse broken?

aishafenton

Most remote member
Can someone tell if this is normal behavior of an Apple Pro mouse?

When I move the mouse fast the pointer starts to go all over the place. Eg. If I move it at a moderate speed from left to right, the pointer goes left to right across the screen, but If I do the same thing but moving the mouse fast then the pointer will go all over the screen, usually in the opposite direction to the one I'm moving in!

Is this normal?

I tried the same thing with a Microsoft mouse and it wasn't as bad - it did do it but only when I was moving the mouse at stupidly speed fast speeds.

Thanks,
Aisha

What kind of surface are you using the mouse on? I have a wood desk and when I first used an optical (Apple Pro) mouse the curser went crazy .. it was because the laser picked up the grains in the wood and it messed up.

Maybe try using a [different] mousepad or something.

I have a wooden desktop as a mousepad, and it works fine with my optical Logitech Wheel Mouse, even when I move it real fast. In school we had those Pro Mices, and they worked fine on the wooden mousepad.
So I guess there is something wrong with your optical eye, maybe it has scratches..

It's probably the surface. Not all desks are created the same. :D

Try a mouse pad and let us know if that solves the problem. If not, then it's probably the mouse.

Back