iStorm 1.0 Released!

phillryu

Registered
Below I have included the same blurb I am sending out to all sites.

iStorm is an innovative collaboration program that is neither a word processor nor a web browser. With Rendezvous technology, a group of creative people can set up an online collaboration and start being creative immediately.
With the elegant one-button user interface, the users will grasp the coordination of the group
work-flow in an instant. Without the overbearing buttons, layers upon layers of menu options, and unsolicited "helper" robot, the group will lose no time and concentrate on what's on their minds.

During the last decade, all creative programming energy went into developing endless 3D shoot-them-ups and brick-walling corporate interests. Now we claim back the benefits of massively networked environment and apply it to liberate the poet, the humorist, and the scientist in all of us, normal people. Users of all ages are encouraged to try iStorm with friends and find out how much unique talent they've had hidden in them all along.

Early adopters of iStorm version 1.0 will get a free update with "iChalkboard" and "babyTeX", an integrated TeX interface for mathematical equations.

* Distraction-free One-button interface for creative collaboration of any kind.
* Zero configuration hassle with Rendezvous technology for LAN.
* Automatically recognize http links and activate them.
* Real time update of edited document.
* Drag and drop jpg, gif, tiff files into the document.
* Innovative emotion conveying chat module.
* Scratch Pad to while away.
* Free upgrade to the next version with net-enabled chalkboard and TeX support
* Requires OS X Jaguar (10.2) or later, LAN and Broadband internet connection.

Download: www.mathgamehouse.com/istorm/download.html
Email: mathgamehouse@mac.com

-phillryu

Screenshot:

top10screenshot.gif

I've gotta say I think your pimping skills need work, phil. You -are- simply advertising here on the forums. That's not cool, that's just using the chat area to promote your product. If you want to advertise here, you should buy a banner ad or something like that. Or at LEAST post to the proper forum for OS X applications, and not rumors. A place like this is not a place for your 'press release'.

This forum is called the Mac News & Rumors Discussion board. Is this not mac news. Maccentral thought it was news. Macnn.com thought it was news. If you give me a valid argument, I will very quickly delete this thread and move it to another section.

advertising isn't news. otherwise, channel two news would let me know every time burger king came out with a new sandwich.

Channel two reports about new kinds of french fries, and all kinds of weird stuff. And they have the whole world to choose news from. This is a mac news discussion board. I think this counts as news.

Would you be happy if I deleted the original post and made a new one with a link to the maccentral news article covering the launch? Just curious.

Also, I find it hard to understand how Mac OS X System & Software section is more relevant. It's description says it is for "questions and problems". Is this news? Yes. Is it a question or a problem? No.

These are all courtesy of www.dictionary.com:

news __Pronunciation Key__(nz, nyz)
pl.n. (used with a sing. verb)
1. a. Information about recent events or happenings, especially as reported by newspapers, periodicals, radio, or television.
b. A presentation of such information, as in a newspaper or on a newscast.
2. New information of any kind: The requirement was news to him.
3. Newsworthy material: “a public figure on a scale unimaginable in America; whatever he did was news” (James Atlas).

advertisement

n : a public promotion of some product or service [syn: ad, advertising, advert]

Thus, an advertisement can be news, but that doesn't change the fact that it's still an advertisement.

"Sir, you can't bring that dog on this airplane."
"Oh this isn't a dog; this is a mammal, just like my son, here."

The point is, does it deserve to be in the

Mac News & Rumors Discussion
This forum is for discussing news worthy information about the Mac platform.

or the

Mac OS X System & Software
All questions and problems related to running Mac OS X should be posted or found here.

??

...or the

Banner Advertisement slot

Which doesn't seem to exist on this site. Perhaps there's a reason for that...

Dear Mr. Davidbrit2,

I quite frankly do not understand the feedback that's been given. I don't know what is different from this forum to the macnn.com forums, or the spymac.com forums, but the response has been very negative here. So if you are the moderator, please delete this thread, because it seems to be offending so many people. (For reasons not understood to me).

-phillryu

Advertisements posted in a decidedly non commercial forum tend to hit a lot of nerves. I'm sure it's a great program, from looking at the pictures of it, but just be careful how you spread the word.

It is not free. The downloadable version of iStorm has no restrictions except that it disconnects after 20 minutes. (You can reconnect though..)

Back