iTools Won't Boot Up iDisk

Sinbad

Registered
Hey all,

Here's a question for ya ...

I am a proud new owner of a PowerBook G4 667MHz and a NEW Macintosh convert from Windoze. (Clap, clap, cheer!) But ...
After registering on iTools, I can't seem to boot up my iDisk! Any suggestions. I KNOW that I filled out the correct User Name and Password (and even tried re-registering under a new account without success). Help! When I click on iDisk from within the Finder OR log in to iTools (apple.com) and go to iDisk and then click on the "Open Your iDisk" button NOTHING happens (the curser just spins and spins (did I say spins?) and spins until I force quit. Obviously my internet access is NOT the problem (as I am writing this thread to you nice people now :)

Help me, O B 1, I am a new Mac OS X user who is clueless and needs to be walked through these damn dirty apes, I mean apps.

First off, congratulations from converting from the dark side.

Have you tried opening your System Preferencess app and putting your iDisk username/password in the iTools part of the "Internet" panel? It's good to store that stuff there, so you can just go to Go > iDisk in finder and it will automatically connect to and load your iDisk.

However, it sounds like you may be having some sort of conflict somewhere. I think that the apple.com iDisk startup only works under IE 5 in OS X (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). Also, are you behind a firewall? Because it could be that your computer is trying to access the iDisk but can't connect (resulting in the spinning disc of death).

I'm not exactly sure what else could be causing the problem. Try reading the help stuff at apple.com and see if there are any "known issues" with iDisks doing that. However, I'm behind a linksys router/firewall and I have no problem uploading/downloading on my iDisk, so I don't know.

Back