Jaguar shipping schedule

hazmat

Rusher of Din
I preordered Jaguar. I have never ordered Apple software before. With a preorder like this, will they actually ship it the day it's released to store and such, or ship it early so I get it around the day it's released in stores?

Thanks.

From what i've heard, it'll ship on the 24th and you'll probably get it around the 26th... so, I think that buying it from a store would be the quickest way to get it...

Again, this is coming out of my ass, so... just what I've heard floating around.

Well it's probably a reliable ass. ;-) That makes sense unfortunately. I chose Ground shipping too, since it's free. But at the $64.50 price for it, I will wait a few more days.

Apple sometimes has some surprises. I remember with Mac OS X 10.0, which was released on Saturday, March 24, 2001, they auto-upgraded me to Saturday shipping, and I got it the day it was out. Awesome! :)

I dunno if Apple's gonna do the same this time, but it sure would be nice. I'm probably gonna order it from the online Apple Store for Education, too... niiiiiice discount. :D

UPDATE: Hmmm... August 24 is a Saturday.... ;)

Does anyone know if new computers will start shipping with 10.2 as soon as it is released, or will it be a while later? I am planning to buy a new computer, but am not sure if I should buy it now, or once OS X 10.2 is released.

Originally posted by macavenger
Does anyone know if new computers will start shipping with 10.2 as soon as it is released, or will it be a while later? I am planning to buy a new computer, but am not sure if I should buy it now, or once OS X 10.2 is released.

Any computer you get after July 17 will have a free ($20 for media) upgrade to 10.2, so I say go for it.

Originally posted by hazmat
Well it's probably a reliable ass. ;-) That makes sense unfortunately. I chose Ground shipping too, since it's free. But at the $64.50 price for it, I will wait a few more days.
Do you buy it directly from your universitie's bookstore? I called my local Mac retailer and they said it was the only way for me to get the educational discount (to which I am both entitled and happy to receive, being a poor student ::))

Originally posted by Gwailo

Do you buy it directly from your universitie's bookstore? I called my local Mac retailer and they said it was the only way for me to get the educational discount (to which I am both entitled and happy to receive, being a poor student ::))

No, from the Apple online store. That is the federal government employee price.

Why doesn't Apple give educational discounts to high-school students? We have even less money than uni students :p

And it's not like I can get my parents to pay for anything to do with my iMac. ERRRG.

Originally posted by Hypernate
Why doesn't Apple give educational discounts to high-school students? We have even less money than uni students :p

And it's not like I can get my parents to pay for anything to do with my iMac. ERRRG.

Pff. College students like me have to pay for tuition. That makes US poorer. :p

Originally posted by simX

Pff. College students like me have to pay for tuition. That makes US poorer. :p

Yeah. You'll understand when you get to college. A $100 paycheck for one or two weeks' work is a goldmine. :)

<-- 30 and don't miss that part of college at all!

they auto-upgraded me to Saturday shipping, and I got it the day it was out. Awesome!

Heh. That was before the "new" apple came around. Now they will start charging you 100 dollars extra and ship you extra "productivity" software.

[the above was a poorly made .mac joke]

Originally posted by gibbs

Heh. That was before the "new" apple came around. Now they will start charging you 100 dollars extra and ship you extra "productivity" software.

[the above was a poorly made .mac joke]

...I thought it was funny. Something must have gone terribly wrong at Apple. :(

Let's wait and see. I think Apple will let us have free .mac accounts, albeit only for 5 MB E-Mail boxes. But I think that's the mostly used feature of iTools anyway. Unless, of course, you've been sharing warez with your iDisk.

I chose Ground shipping too, since it's free. But at the $64.50 price for it, I will wait a few more days.

Where did you pre-order it for $64.50?!? I thought it was $129. I was hoping that they would do something for those that already have OS X 10.1, like something in the price range of $39 as an upgrade. I was able to find 10.2 for $69 at the Apple Education store, but nowhere cheaper so far. So where's the cheapest place to get a legal copy?

Originally posted by RHITMacMan

Where did you pre-order it for $64.50?!? I thought it was $129. I was hoping that they would do something for those that already have OS X 10.1, like something in the price range of $39 as an upgrade. I was able to find 10.2 for $69 at the Apple Education store, but nowhere cheaper so far. So where's the cheapest place to get a legal copy?

I work for the federal government, and saw last week that Apple has discounts for that. Amazingly enough it's cheaper than educational.

Yeah. You'll understand when you get to college. A $100 paycheck for one or two weeks' work is a goldmine. :)

<-- 30 and don't miss that part of college at all!

Heh, and it doesn't help at all to go to Stanford University where you have a tuition that costs about $37,000 a year. Luckily I got financial aid to cover about half of that, but still..

Originally posted by simX

Heh, and it doesn't help at all to go to Stanford University where you have a tuition that costs about $37,000 a year. Luckily I got financial aid to cover about half of that, but still..

Ack. I started at NYU, but once I came to my senses and realized I'd never be able to afford it, I transfered to a state school. Better in the long run, but sucked at the time....

Any computer you get after July 17 will have a free ($20 for media) upgrade to 10.2, so I say go for it.

I'm especially interested in this, since I purchased my Powerbook on July 19th from CompUSA. Do you have more details on the offer?

Back