Java support

chevy

Marvelous Da Vinci
Staff member
Mod
I still have no browser with a correct Java support on X. I take as a demonstrator the chat feature of Caramail (www.caramail.com). It only operates correctly on Explorer 5... Classic. No other Mac browser is able to manage it correctly. Any Windows browser does it.

Yes, I have Java 1.4.1 and Safari beta 2. And still it starts but doesn't work correctly.

I have the same problem with java. When using a VPN client to access my company's resources, I have to run IE. One of the resources using a java applet. It won't work in OS X but works fine in OS 9.2.2 with that version of IE.
John

John,

Would that be an iPlanet netlet? My company uses that as a VPN for home access to the company network. Even though it is Java, it absolutely will not run in OS X. But it runs fine in OS 9 using IE.

Chris

chabig,
Same problem, it sounds like, but different site. I have to connect to AgfaWeb1000( 159.212.82.13). The java applet draws a login window. The window usually gets drawn with Internet Explorer, both in OS X and OS 9. But the connection never occurs with OS X. I get various java errors. Some other browsers either don't run the script at all ( no sign in window appears) or they show the same behavior as IE in OS 9.0.
John

Back