Juno for Mac OS X Beta

jeb1138

Carioca
Juno has made a beta for Mac OS X available on their webpage. (See http://www.juno.com/support/start/requirements.html)

I don't need it because I have a cable modem but I decided to try it out because I have a friend who would like a free dial-up e-mail account.

I'm actually posting this from a Juno dial-up connection, which I believe is first-month free. I'm kind of confused because I went to get just a free e-mail account (they still do that, right?), but all I could find was a link to sign up for Juno Platinum for $9.95/month with the first month free. I started the sign-up process but when it asked for my credit card information I cancelled out because it wouldn't let me proceed without filling out that page. However, I was then able to go back to the "download software" page and log in with the username and password I had created and download the software. Weird.

Well, I installed it and now have access to Juno Web Platinum. Presumably they will cut off the platinum part after the first free month and I'll continue to have free dial-up e-mail access after that.

What other free dial-up e-mail access providers are out there for OS X?

On their webpage, they still offer free internet access, although it is limited to 10 hours of usage per month.

Back