Just Ordered my first mac

am7

Registered
Well maybe I lied, not my first mac, my second one but the first one I only had for about 2 weeks before my brother took it back. Anyways I didnt have alot of cash to spend so I just got the old style imac 600mhz with 512MB RAM. What am in for as far as programs, lemme explain what I do alot and thatll help anyone who wants to answer. I go website design so flash is must, photoshop of course, dreamweaver, and thats really about it. All those are available for OSX correct?

Ive been using windows for years and have been scoping mac's for a while now so I finally said what the hell Ill give it a try. Needless to say Im excited for it to arrive in the mail next week :D

Congratulations, and welcome! You should not be disappointed. While you might have some trouble finding your feet on the new machine, such as working out what you can do and how you do it, you'll get lots of help from the people here at this forum. I know I did when I was starting out.

All the apps you mentioned are available for Mac OS X, though you'll need current versions as older versions will not run. (That is; PhotoShop 7 for Mac, Dreamweaver MX Mac and Flash MX Mac are the versions you want. Earlier versions won't work.)
The older iMac is still a pretty cool machine, and with all that RAM you should be able to run quite smoothly under Mac OS X.
Since you've come over from PC, you might think booting and shutting down is slow, but don't worry because you don't need to shut down anyway: just put the system to sleep.

Good luck.

Back