just upgraded to 512MB

kanecorp

Registered
i just upgrade my imac 800mhz from 256mb to 512mb, after reading about how so many people wouldn't "dream of using OSX w/ anything less"...
well i have to say i haven't noticed a difference.
I just use the normal stuff...itunes, iphoto, safari, and office x, but i also dont notice a difference if after effects or premiere...
oh well, just thought i'd see if anyone has anythign to say about it :D :rolleyes:

Originally posted by kanecorp
i just upgrade my imac 800mhz from 256mb to 512mb, after reading about how so many people wouldn't "dream of using OSX w/ anything less"...
I just use the normal stuff...itunes, iphoto, safari, and office x, but i also dont notice a difference if after effects or premiere...
oh well, just thought i'd see if anyone has anythign to say about it :D :rolleyes:

You're running 512mb on OSX!?!?!! OS X needs a 1gb of ram to run properly! Upgrade, and that'll clear up ALL your troubles! :D

Originally posted by kanecorp

haha...yea thats exactly what i heard about 256:)
:D :D :D

Err...basically OS X's virtual memory stuff. Page-out memory from the ram to the hard drive (then there are page-ins where it does the opposite).

I have also upgraded to 512 mbs on my 700mhz imac and can see a definate improvement but on top of that i am using the latest MOX Optimizer software which may well help as well!!

Back