Labelling Folders

ricardo35

Registered
Back in the old OS9 days (last week for me!), it was possible to 'label' folders using colours... Is this still available on OSX, and if so, how?

Thanks in advance...

Hi Arden, thanks for your quick reply... Unfortunaltely I have no idea what you mean... Sorry to be so stupid... but what are 'Labels X' and 'Panther'?

Whats the the weather like in California? Its raining in London...

Cheers,
Rick

Labels X is a haxie (addition to your System that may or may not make your system somewhat less stable, 'haxies' are sometimes blamed for problems, but YMMV) It can be downloaded from versiontracker.com
Panther is Apple's name for the OS X update to version 10.3, and includes internal support for colourising labels.

Labels X
Panther... Click on "Finder" for a screenshot using Panther's labelling system, and, farther down the page, a brief explanation.
And it's sunny, but it's just starting to cool off. Kinda funny, it's mid-October and I'm still wearing shorts & a T-shirt to school and driving with the windows open.

I use a variety of folders that I got for free from this site:

http://www.mixthepix.com/

There are colored solids and transparent ones. The group I downloaded contains 17 varieties under the name "New Folders For A New Year" and it's 908 KB.

Nice Icons there, djkowall ! But nothing much to do with labels. Ricardo35 was referring to the various options for labels, which can be applied to file and folder names, originally with Mac OS (before OS X) and not available again, until Panther, which has new labeling options.

Back