Libgnome And Darwin Points Issues

Gothamoddisee

Registered
So it started with me wanting to play a game on my Mac called Pioneers: (http://linux.softpedia.com/get/GAMES-ENTERTAINMENT/TBS/Pioneers-3439.shtml). Under the requirements libgnome is listed, with some research I see that libgnome can be installed if I also install DarwinPoints. I downloaded and ran the DarwinPoints installer, and after a window confirmed installation success, I quit the installer. At this point I was officially lost. I'm no Mac tech slouch, but I'm having a great deal of difficulty getting UNIX type things to run properly, and I don't see any illuminating and simple guides online. Help!

So once I install Fink I can install libgnome? Hmmm, that seems to go contrary to what I've read thus far but I'll give it a go.
However as indicated above, I'm not sure I even know what it means to 'use FINK to install Libgnome 2.6.X'. I'm learing all of this for the first time and there seems to be a lack of guides for someone in my position.

I've not installed software which requires libgnome, but I do have fink installed. In finkcommander (the graphical front end for fink) I searched for libgnome and found that libgnome2 is available.

Back