Lindows?

what i read about it in some linux professional magazines .. it rips off windows users money. you can install THREE programs of linux for free - after that everything you need to use is pay per download. so it will end up being expensive.
three programs .. already emacs, openoffice and gimp would be three.

i think a far better solution for those who need both windows and linux is install both - in different partitions. i did that, on a 4,6 g hard drive and both ran fine (win 2k or win me, and linux redhat 8, or mandrake 9 . .all combinations of those).

Lindows is a linux distribution designed for people who want an alternative to windows, but dont want to have to learn Geek to use Linux. Most software included is simply rebranded open source software. While it does required an account to download extra applications from the click-n-run service, you dont get much free with windows either. and i would have thought paying for a months access to download LindowsOffice was cheaper by far than buying MS office at $~600. Sure, it isn't free like most other linux distributions, but neither is Suse (unless you do a live install). Yes, lindows has its downsides, but i would guess it is still probably more stable and safer than windows (even knowing that lindows usually sets you up using the root user account) with the crap on the 'net today.

Back