linkin park instrument

smolz

Registered
***I was watching a video last night of Linkin Park & Jay-Z doing some kind of mix of 2 of their songs together on a live stage. One of the Linkin Park dudes was playing something that was just a big square pad with large buttons, arranged in a 6x5 grid or so. It was on the VH-1 Mega Hits video channel. It was "I've Become So Numb" (or whatever they title the song, that's how the chorus goes).

can anybody tell me what this program is?

Buttons? Was he playing it like drums? Sounds like a regular drum pad, probably synthesizing different drum sounds... did you see a Mac somewhere in the video, possibly running the instrument?

I don't actually know what you're asking, though... do you want to know the "program" as in the TV show that the video was on, or do you mean "program" like what software was running the drum-thingy?

sounds like an MPC sampler. a bank of about 6x5 buttons/pads about 1 1/2" across?
DJ shadow uses 'em a lot - infact he does one thing with Cut Chemist and Numark from Jurassic 5 that is just a 25minute set done entirely on MPCs - bloody awesome

heheh. When I saw that thing, I thought it was so funny... some guy just standing around, pressing buttons at the right time.

Back