Mac OSX test page

It works with IE on OS X as well as Safari, but it doesn't work with Camino. Hope that helps.

Thanks so much for the swift response.

I am so glad it works. But, as it only works on IE or Safari (on OSX rather than 9) I need to detect stuff.

I have outputted my detect on the page.

I cannot see IE.

I can see Mozilla/5.0 though.

Can anyone with IE reply to this and tell me what was outputted.

M@)

It screwed Chimera / Camino so I needed to force quit it. Too lazy to try with Exploiter.. oh, it does not work with Links. :p

Detected agent: Links (0.96; Unix) :eek:

Hi Giaguara, thanks for replying.

So I can do a detect for Safari and IE.

And bounce everything else.

Thanks for you time already, but can anyone reply with the 'detect line' (at top), so that I can confirm what to look for in the IE detect.

M@

So far about 20 people have been to the page, mentioning that IE works. But the detects are:

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/51 (like Gecko) Safari/51

Links (0.96; Unix)

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/60 (like Gecko) Safari/60

etc etc

But no IE, please can someone tell me what the IE detect output (top of page) says...

M@)

Detected agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.22; Mac_PowerPC) - that comes with IE 5.2

Detected agent: Links (0.96; Unix) - with Links

PowerPC is the name of the microprocessor used by Macs.

BTW, I think you asked if it was possible to use broadband with OS X. It is. OS X is based on Unix, birthplace of TCP/IP and the Internet.

Strange USB-based satellite broadband services won't work without a driver, though.

Doug

- It is slow to load but then very quick.
- It asks for acception (ie. a window opens and asks me 'Do you trust this Java Applet source, SuchCompany.com does, now it's your schoice')

See picture for test in Safari v64.

Back