Macbook and windows XP machine

kingfoot

Registered
So I recently got a Macbook and starting to customize it, and install software and get setup. I want my 30gb music and video collection transfered from my windows XP machine to my Macbook. Now, the macbook has a bluetooth receiver right? so if i bought a usb bluetooth adapter and plugged it into my Windows machine, can i wirelessly transfer my music collection? I dont want to burn a gazillion cds, or half a gazillion dvds. I do not own an external hard drive and do not plan on purchasing one either. I also dont want to manually place a usb thumb drive into the pc and then the macbook. (the internet wont work either as i am not wanting to spend hours uploading then downloading)

Now the MacBook does not have that large of hard drive. With such a large collection on you PC the fastest way of transfer would be by sharing it on your local network (from the PC and discover it in the MacBook and then transfer that collection ovr a WIRED network will be the fastest.

As i said before is that is a large collection for a laptop hard drive. Maybe you should consider getting a firewire (or any high speed connection) external drive. This is just a thought.

Huh? The MacBook sure has more than a 30 GB disk. But Bluetooth is _definitely_ the wrong technology here. FAR too slow. WiFi would work, a network cable would work.

Yeah I know, its an 80gb hard drive (with 45gb left) But I figured out my own solution, and that was to take my windows formatted iPod into disk mode and drag and drop files onto it from the XP machine, then plug it into this thing, which worked, so yeah.

Back