mail 2

sleek

Registered
i installed tiger on 2 computers (powermac g4 @ 800mhz and pm g4 @ 1.41 ghz dual) and now i cannot get my e mails or send them out
everything is filled out correctly in mail prefs
can anyone help?
HK

well, that's rather cryptic. could be anything. are the computers connected to the internet? you're laughing, maybe, but that is one possible reason.
how did you install? upgrade? archive/install? clean?

fryke said:
well, that's rather cryptic. could be anything. are the computers connected to the internet? you're laughing, maybe, but that is one possible reason.
how did you install? upgrade? archive/install? clean?

yes all mail was working fine beofer when i had jaguar, i have dsl connection i can access everything else but my e mail ( i can receive my mail but cant send)
and i just did simple upgrade on both my systems

Try checking the outgoing server settings in Mail's preferences for the offending account. Sometimes you need to re-enter your password, other times you need to completely redefine the outgoing server, as it can get set to some other server.

Also check with your ISP to see if they're blocking port 25 for your DSL line -- mine was (sbcglobal.net) and I could not send messages from my .mac account until I asked them to unblock it.

finally my e mail can send and receive e mails all by itsself after 3 days aon both computers

Back