Mail receipt using Apple Mail & .Mac Act

ArizonaLoco

Registered
Does anyone know of an easy method to receive a return e-mail receipt using Apple Mail and a .Mac/.Me account. I know that in Windows you can use Outlook to receive/request a return receipt when the receiver opens the e-mail. I believe that even using Microsoft Office Entourage '08 would work as well but I really want to stay all Apple applications if at all possible, sorry Microsoft =-(

P.S. I love my Mac(s)!

An additional word about receipts:
  1. Receipts tend to be limited to a single domain. If a message goes from me@mydomain.com to someoneelse@mydomain.com, then a receipt may work. However, if a message goes from you@yourdomain.org to me@mydomain.com, then receipts are likely not to work.
  2. Many recipients find receipts to be annoying.
  3. Receipts do not do what the user thinks they do. They indicate that the message was opened; receipts do not indicate that the message was read.
Return receipts are an artifact from AOL in 1992. This was the early days of email on a closed system. People were concerned about whether or not their messages went through. That era is long gone. If you want to know whether or not your message went through, then call-up your recipient to ask. After learning that your message has gone through, then it it go.

Back