mini still a no show in europe

mi5moav

Registered
The one thing that I thought was going to be mentioned at the uk show was info on mini dates, but no mention of the mini. This is not good. If the mini were to be available even by the end of July or August steve would have mentioned this.. but nothing. I have a feeling the mini may not see the light of day in europe or the rest of the world till 2005. I have a feeling steve is hard at work on a 2G and 4G flash based mini as we speak... With mini HD's starting to go into still cameras, movie cameras and music players and probably palm size devices sooner than later... we are talking major shortages and price increases.

I've heard that some Apple stores in Asia are taking pre-orders for end of July, which would make a nice summer release. Besides, Minis are still difficult to find in parts of the US.

with mini harddrives being used in more places, instead we're seeing more and more mini harddrives being produced, which should put Apple into a better position getting their hands on them, too - and at lower prices instead of higher one. I just hope they'll bring them to Europe soon, because I want one. I've given this much thought (whether to buy a 20 or 40 GB or a mini) and have decided that I want an iPod mini. Although I hate the fact that it won't hold _all_ of my music.

I'm really curious to see what the new form factor of the new "Big Boy" ipods will be. I have both a mini and the "Big Boy 3G" in our family. Though I do like the mini's scroll wheel the design is getting almost to simple. Now if they were to bump up the screen size on the BB to fill in where the menu buttons where(if they where to dissapear) I would be pleased... but then you would have 3 different screen sizes to contend with and i'm not sure if that's where apple wants to go. Even if the screen stays gray scale would prefer an active matrix display since this passive one is rubbish.

well if you go onto www.hmv.co.uk in the top right hand corner theres a bit that says ipods @ HMV (like a whole mini site just for them) but its currently down - dont know whats happening!

Back