Money Management

i use Conto. it's very simple but does more or less what i want. get it to try from versiontr. but make sure it's 1.2 (or later).

Sorry to say (imho) the only thing really close to MS Money in features on the Mac is Quicken.

Most of the little apps people will tend to reccomend have little to no online banking support, almost no planning tools, limited ability to track things like mortgages and other long term loans or keep home inventory records and such.

I switched over from Ms Money to Quicken 2002, now 2003, on a mac a couple of years ago. It was harsh to say the least - the data transfer was *not* clean and painless - the QIF export did not go well. I ended up losing several years of financial data and rebuilding my transactions list going back only for a few months. But I was happy to have all of my data centralized on my mac - so I took it in stride and spent several hours rebuilding not only the transactions but also the catagories and online bill payment setups.

But now that everything is transferred over, I can see *some* advantages to quicken - some of the reporting tools allow much more detailed analysis of transactions and catagories. But I still miss MS Money from time to time.

-Cliff
Omaha

I have to say "Quicken" and/or "QuickBooks"... but that's because I work for Intuit. :)

Shhh... but I also use Excel...

But I have to say I really am a huge fan of TurboTax... except for all of the super-hight-traffic issues I've been dealing with all weekend.

Sorry if this "plug" was bad taste, but it seemed to be on topic... It seems to comply with the rules, and I don't think I have EVER done this in my entire 1.5 year history on MacOSX.com.:rolleyes:

Yeah I've just been usin Excel which I found ok but I just wondered if their was any money management software for the mac which you guys have anwers, Thanks!! :)

Back