Mouse for New PB

iscaro

Italian Cool Mac User :-)
I should get my new PowerBook 15" tomorrow... mut I'd like to have a mouse too...

For my PowerMac I have a Logitech MX500 that works great!!!

For the PowerBook could be good too, but I'd like to get something similar but I don't konw if there is one Bluetooth...
Apple's idea is great for a mouse, but I cannot use a single botton mouse without a wheel with a laptop!!! It is not so much usefull...

Any idea?

Thanks... I forgot about that tread...

But is the MX900 working with Macs? It is not yet on the Apple Store...

And I do not need the base to communicate with my powerbook right?

According to Logitech's specs, MX900 doesn't work with Macs.
I think it'll work very well, but don't quote me on that...

Tell us why! ;)
I am pretty positive that it will work. Why? bluetooth is a standardized connection (independent on the os) and there are drivers available for the other mx-versions. So, why shouldn't it work?

Yesterday I wrote to Logitech... they told me that Mac is not supported and may have problems or not work... :mad:

I'll wait and see... I want one... as soon as my PowerBook arrives... I have to wait one more week!!! :(

The first one who is able to tell us that MX900 works good (at least the 4 main buttons)... please tell us... :rolleyes:

This is from http://www.xlr8yourmac.com this morning:

Reader Report on Logitech MX900 Bluetooth Mouse -
" Mike, Have been seeking this product ever since its introduction in Europe. Now, with the Logitech MX900 available in the U.S., I had to try it. (Though it is listed and sold as Windows/PC compatible only, the MacBidouille site mentioned a while ago that the new Logitech mouse had full compatibility with Panther.)

Sure enough, I turned on the Bluetooth setting in my G5 (for the first time) and bingo, it saw the mouse and I was up and running in less than 30 seconds! I'm told that the base station, "a wireless Bluetooth hub" will be only good for recharging the mouse (again, per MacBidouille), but that's fine with me, considering that my G5 has Bluetooth built-in.

I'm still checking out the buttons and settings (there are 8 buttons!), but so far all is smooth sailing.
Bill K. "

Back