Moving mp3 files to TRASH can in iTunes X.

GadgetLover

Senior Member & Tech Guru
So, I know that in Classic iTunes you have the option of having tunes stored in your iTunes Library deleted not only from the Library and playlist BUT ALSO the harddrive itself -- i.e., iTunes will place the undesireable file in the Circular File (a/k/a Trash).

However, I am doing an overhaul of my tunes in OS X (hucking ones I don't listen to that much since I own all the CD's anyway and can always re-encode if I feel like it).

My goal is to listen and delete, listen and delete ...

But if all it does is remove the mp3 file from the Library LIST and NOT the hard drive itself then I'll have to log every file I don't want any more and then find it and huck it manually --- pain in the a$$.

Usually, these things have one of those pop-up Alert Windows with the "Delete from Libary or Huck in Trash" alerts and the "Don't Show This Dang Alert Again" check boxes. Perhaps I did this once and now can't seem to restore it -- don't see it in iTunes Preference options.

Any ideas? I'm too busy right now to plow through the User/Library/Preferences/iTunes folder to see if there's a plist there I can huck. Anyone know the solution (if any)?

Try doing a Command-delete instead of a regular delete.

If not that, then I'd suggest tossing the .plist file.

Back