Mozilla

b4tn

Registered
I got Mozilla 0.9.7+ today and it seems so much faster than IE. But where are the tabbed web pages and aqua interface? What version is everyone else running? THis is the only OS X on I could find.

for the tabbed web pages, control + click on a link and you should see, "open in tab"
as for the aqua interface...i dont know about that

no aqua theme so far. didn't apple prohibit it anyway?

as for tabs, you can also open new tabs by hitting command + T. the stuff's actually pretty useful, you don't have to open dozens of browser windows that clutter your desktop.

Also, if you go to the Preferences... choice under the Mozilla menu, and expand the Navigator option, there's a whole pane for preferences related to tabbed browsing. For example, I like having my tabs open up in the background, so that I can click on links while I'm reading and get to them later.

The Aqua interface is being worked on, judging by one of the Netscape newsgroups. Someone has gotten pretty far with it, but most likely won't submit his changes until he's close to done, so it could be a little while, still. Apple's original problem was with creating a skin for Mozilla that simulated the Aqua interface, as this wouldn't look as good as the real thing. The current work is to now actually have Mozilla use the Aqua interface.

isn't there some sort of pop-up-stopper built in to the 0.97 builds? I heard about it on irc.mozilla.org, but I never found it.

any ideas?

I heard about it too, but couldn't find it for a while. It's in the preference window, under Advanced>Scripts & Windows. You can pick what you allow JavaScript to do, such as opening windows by themselves, bring windows to the front or back, or even to resize them. It's great.

The tabbed windows panel has a preference of whether or not pop-up windows open in a new window or a new tab. I've messed around with that, but it doesn't seem to actually work.

Back