MP3 problem..

tjkhulen

Registered
i got this mp3 album in one track.. and im wondering what i must to to split it up into its 13 parts?

thx

unless you have an audio editing program or quicktime pro, not sure what to tell you. I use Sound edit and quicktime, since quicktime is quicker.

Originally posted by Urbansory
unless you have an audio editing program or quicktime pro, not sure what to tell you. I use Sound edit and quicktime, since quicktime is quicker.

i got QT pro.. could u please tell me the progress on how to do this?

1. open the MP3 in QT PRO (duh)
2. use the little triagnles at the bottom of the track bar to set your in/out points for a given song (this will be a bit of a pain using QT PRO, but doable)
3. choose Copy
4. make a New QT PRO document and paste what you just copied (should have copied just the info between your in/out points
5. export the new doc as AIF or whatever
6. repeat until all 13 tracks are done

In Quicktime, select all, then drag the small half triangle on left or right to desired position. You can drag either side. Copy, then open a new player, then select Add to paste the copied data into the player. Then save as, make sure you check self contained or you won't save anything. If you can click self contained try moving from one folder to another, then you can go back the the original folder after exiting then save. Make sure you add .mp3 at the end, although it doesn't say that what it is, it will work, I just tested it.

Only problem with this is that you lose the bitrate when you play the file in iTunes, but it still plays. You convert it from the exported mp3 from quicktime back to a MP3 with iTunes by placing the file in a playlist or the library then select convert to mp3. Then it is back to a normal MP3.

Back