msn media bar? where's the page???

moineau

Registered
just got my second mac, but it's the first time i'm on the internet with it. i'm a subscriber to http://fr.msn.com streaming musique media. i pay €10 every month automatically. so when i got my apple g3 ibook to travel with, i went immediately to this program. however, the page never loads! ever! is this program incompatible for mac? if so, too bad as i am in paris and wanted to be able to listen to playlists when i am in my apt. this is the actually address: http://sib1.od2.com/common/home/homepage.aspx?shid=01E3002E&shid=01E3002E. thanks in advance to any and all who respond! i want my msn (music, that is!) ~laura

Attention : ce site n'est pas compatible avec les Macs. Windows Media Player pour Mac ne supporte pas les fichiers utilisés. Toutes nos excuses à leurs utilisateurs.
(This site does not support Macs.. you need WMP, and not that ancient one that they made for Mac.)

I managed to get this far by pretending I was running IE7 in Firefox, but I then get the above error and instructions telling me to install an IE addon (IE tab) in Firefox.

:(

i was surprised to see how fast msn.com got back to me on my issue. was it because i'm a paying customer? perhaps. but the answer was irritating and sad.

<<Thanks for your e-mail.

Unfortunately at present we have no immediate plans to support non-Windows systems. This is because other Operating Systems do not the same Digital
Rights Management technology as the Windows DRM technology our service uses, and therefore will not play our licensed media.

Kind Regards,

Vanessa Angilella

MSN Music Customer Support
Provided by Nokia>>

just shows you what big money like gates has can buy... too bad. can anyone tell me what the percentage of mac users is to pcers? i'll bet it's small. but i'm still happy to have this fun little machine which allows me to do other things pcers can only dream of!

thanks to all who responding. this is a great site. glad i found it! ~laura

ps. i have installed both wmp 9 and flipmac. just for this problem...

Hm.. you could also use VMware Fusion or Parallels to have a Windows virtual machine running to use that webpage. It's a bit heavy solution so perhaps getting your money to some other form of music business will be better :)

Back