mysql problem

drlego

Registered
Hi all,

I have installed mysql 4.0 standard pkg on my G4.

I go into usr/local/mysql/bin
I type sudo ./mysqld_safe
Asks for pswd so I type it in....then terminal seems to lock. I get no response.
I type control c and pop back outout.

When I type mysql I get response command

command not found

ANy ideas?

Also will phpmyadmin run in osx? or is there anything like that?

Anyone who can help, I appreciate it!

Lego

If it's feasible, i suggest getting Complete MySQL 4, and Complete Apache/PHP if you intend to use the stuff for web.
goto www.serverlogistics.com and see which ones you think you need. Complete MySQL comes with a Prefpane to control the MySQL daemon, and an easy way to initialize the grant tables, and set the root password for it.

PHPMyAdmin runs fine in X. I'll second Pengu's reply, get the complete packages.

Thanks!

Are there any other good tutorials or step by step type guides for working with mysql and php on osx?

Thanks again.

Lego

there are plenty of tutorials around for using PHP to access MySQL data, but few will be OSX specific, because MySQL and PHP are the same on every platform (except a few /, \ issues with Win32PHP for file locations..)

im having a problem login to my mysql...

previously, my ibook runs on 10.2... last sunday i bought 10.3 and install it on my ibook... runs smoothly...

my problem is that i can't login to mysql using root pasword... but my other account seems to work just fine... (these account does not have GRANT privileges... so i can't add new account to my mysql db...)

i tried mysqladmin password new-password... but get error messsage...

./mysqladmin: unable to change password; error: 'Access denied for user: '@localhost' to database 'mysql' '

i try to find .my.cnf file... but dunno where to start...

i think you need to be logged in as the super-use (in the terminal) to use mysqladmin.

errm... lucky i have another account that act as super-user account... dunno why this account has grant access...

anyway, i managed to change the login via phpmyadmin...

ehehe... thank god...

Back