need help with multimedia RAR files on OS X

cwoody222

Registered
Hey everyone - I'm trying to download video via newsgroups for the first time today. I've got 24 .rar files. I am 99% sure I have all the segments as I was missing one but used a program called MacPAR to restore it.

I've been using Stuffit to uncompress the files but it gives me an error asking me to locate files like .r00.

I've read the comprehensive TimDoc's guide and I found:
"The newest WinRAR version may generate RAR sets with a new filename format, in which all the files end in ?.rar?: filename.part001.rar, filename.part002.rar, filename.part003.rar ... filename.partxxx.rar. These files must be decoded with WinRAR v2.90, or above."

I think that's my problem. Can I not use Stuffit? I can't find a version of WinRAR for Mac other than that uses command line (which I don't know how to do). The only version of MacRAR I could find was really old and didn't work.

Any hints???

That did it! I got Unrar X from Version Tracker and it uncompressed the full .ogm file that I can watch with VideoLAN. Thanks!

One more question. The .ogm file is a real resource hog and I'd also like to edit the movie. Is there a program I can use to translate the .ogm into something like an MPEG?

Back