Need to find a "lib"

ZorPrime

Registered
I installed freeciv yesterday and when I try to launch the civserver I receive this message:

dyld: civserver can't open library: /sw/lib/libreadline.4.dylib (No such file or directory, errno = 2)

Hmmm... can't seem to find the right package with fink in order to install this lib. Anyone know?

Thanks for the help!

Eric

I think this is a related question. I've been doing the fink thing and now I want to compile stuff from source forge. I started with gaim for no particular reason, I just wanted to try it out. I downloaded it, read the INSTALL file, and got through ./compile just fine. At this point it tells me to run 'make' which I do and I get this message:

/bin/sh ../libtool --silent --mode=compile cc -g -O2 -I/usr/local/include -I/opt/include -I.. -I/sw/include/gtk-1.2 -I/sw/include/glib-1.2 -I/sw/lib/glib/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I\.. -I\../src -DVERSION=\"0.54\" -c iconaway.c -o tmpiconaway.so.lo
../src/gaim.h:119: header file 'libintl.h' not found

So my questions are am I following the right procedure, is there any extra steps to take just because I'm using Darwin rather than linux? I have libintl.h (found with sherlock) in the /sw/include/ directory, does it need to be moved and any idea where? Perhaps this is a dumb question and I shouldn't be trying to compile from sourceforge.net and if that's the case, let me know :)

Back