Netscape 7.2 in OS X won't print

bbisel

Registered
I have a client that is has an issue with printing web pages and email from Netscape 7.2. He has a G5 and is running 10.4.6. The issue is that when he tries to print, it looks like the print job goes to the printer queue but does make it and it does not give an error. When I looked at the printer queue it does not show a job. I have narrowed it down to strictly a Netscape issue, it will print from any other application, Netscape is the only one with the issue. Also, it is not limited to one printer. The client has a local printer, an Epson Color Stylus 980 connected through USB and a printer HP laserjet 2660n connected through the network, both printers do the same thing.

I have tried the following items with no luck:
• I have turned the print jobs off and on with no luck.
• Uninstalled and reinstalled both printers
• Uninstalled and reinstalledNetscape.
• Repaired Disk Permissions.
• Reset Printer System
• Downloaded and used Printer Setup Repair 5.05

Is there any other options or has anyone else seen this problem and have a fix?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bryan

I see that problem a fair amount.

Solution? Print to PDF. Then if you really need it on
paper, print from Preview.

I have looked at every preference I can find and still no luck. He also upgraded to Mozilla Suite 1.7.13 and his having the same printing problem. He also can not print to PDF. At the moment he is stuck not being able to print from any device using Netscape or Mozilla.

Bryan

I've been having this same problem and followed a suggestion I found on another site which did solve the problem. Try setting up a new user account for that user on the same mac and see if Netscape will print from that account. Unfortunately, I can't tell you what that may indicate if it works. Perhaps corrupt preference files.

Back